So these few days, I have been craving for a good zombie movie. And my preferences would be of course, the zombie element (either to really slow moving ones or the fast running, that's ok with me), no element of surprises (sudden jumps: I'm wearing a headphone), a good plot (not too lengthy and please stop where it suppose to stop), and gore is a must. Let's start.
- Resident Evil is my first zombie movie that brought me to the world of zombies. Well, Resident Evil being famous from the game and Milla Jovovich's epicness in the movie, it is a zombie horror movie that everyone is well aware of. I have no complains on the animation where it features from the games. However, the movies are too lengthy to bear. It started wonderfully with the virus infecting the research lab and the Umbrella Corporation office. A little element of surprise here and there but still bearable. A little confusing in the beginning but well, I watched for the zombies. This is the first movie where people doesn't understand the concept of a living dead or a zombie.
- The second movie is when the infected spread to Raccoon City. As usual, government and the corporation tried to cover things up. The second movie is still okay for me. Not much comment here. Nemesis was rocking a nice coat there. *thumbs up!*
- The third movie is when it spreads to the world. Everything turns into a desert. I mean why a desert? Why does zombie movies have to run out of water and not rain for a few days and everything just turned into a desert? (I did not play the game so if there is an explanation for it, please do forgive me.) Well, I accept that water can spread the virus but still, no rain? Let's move on.
- The fourth and fifth movie. I combine this 2 because in my most honest opinion as a big fan of Resident Evil the movie, these 2 are unnecessary (a nice way to say it). I understand trying to show the infection conditions of how the infected spread from lab to city to the world but please just stop there. Just stop. After all these, the sudden people taking in the virus in hope to be a superhuman like Alice? More evolution of super evolved zombie that he can still control his brain? That just killed the element of a zombie, mindless man-eating, slow/fast moving thing that feast on every part of your body. Please no more 6th movie. I wonder what else could you come out with in the 6th.
Slight gore in this movies. Well, mostly out of headshots.
- Probably one of the best comedy zombie horror movie that I love watching. It started out very, very smoothly. There is not much to be criticize about. This movie starts off with the daily life of Shaun and the people around him. Not surprisingly, our daily life are so boring, we are practically mindless zombies ourselves. It was a wonderful show to watch. No sudden surprises. If there is, it usually is covered by comedy. I would recommend this to anyone who loves zombie horror (my friend recommended it to me first).
Slight gore in this one. I think there is only a few parts which are different from the normal headshots.
And I guess that is all from me. This is my first time reviewing so please do excuse my short review. I tried not to insert any spoilers. Anyway, I am watching 28 days later and 28 weeks later, night of the living dead, dawn of the dead and land of the dead (expecting high from these 3). Will be reviewing more after I am done!
p/s: click on pics for imdb reviews, casts, and more information.