Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Buck up and Live your life!

I have the worst days in my life: working life. It's the life where you better swim or you sink. The life of an auditor. It's not as glamorous as the name would sound. The Auditor. That could be a show's name. But the life is not as it seems. Work till late night, wake up before the sun rises. Plus working in a congested city of Kuala Lumpur.
An auditor survives with people skills, constant stress and the need to be persistent and hardworking. People skills are essential because we survive with communicating to clients and other potential clients. And this is where to trouble begins. I have zero to nothing social skills. I don't talk to people unless they talk to me first. I am metaphorically a robot. You talked to me, i reply. You asked me to do work, i do. So, that is how hard it is for my every working day. I will sit quietly in my desk until someone approaches me.
I don't talk to strangers. Except for the aunties selling food.
This is a vicious world. One mistake and you are out. Not fired, but no future. People will know you, give you almost nothing to do because they don't trust you with it. Word will spread like wildfire. Gaining back the trust is like picking up chicken feathers spread on the road overnight. You may get some of it back but not all of it.
It truly has been hard but i have my wonderful friends to thank. He reminded me that I have not fallen to the lowest but am climbing up. I have a wonderful boyfriend that doesn't mind sacrificing his time for me, I have been living my life, joining walk events, I have wonderful friends that keeps in touch, I play DnD and MMORPG, I am doing a professional degree, top 10 hardest in the world, interning in a medium firm that I don't even know if I can get into. I am already half way towards a badass chick. Yeah, just these few words, they had made my shoulders much lighter. Thank you, Ali.

Just 4 and 3/4 months to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment